List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR[ 9u-dev] JDK-8072863 - Replace fatal() with vm_exit_during_initialization()
From:       David Holmes <david.holmes () oracle ! com>
Date:       2015-03-29 20:44:57

On 27/03/2015 5:36 PM, cheleswer sahu wrote:
> Hi,
> Please review the code changes for
> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8072863. I have built the JDK9
> with fix successfully. As I do not have account for OpenJDK, David Buck
> will push
> the fix into jdk9/hs-rt/.
>
> Web review link: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dbuck/8072863/webrev.00/

Is it possible to include information about where the class was loaded
from in the message that precedes the exit:

  121     tty->print_cr("Invalid layout of %s at %s",
ik->external_name(), name_symbol->as_C_string());

The main cause of this problem is android.jar on the bootclasspath. It
would be good to make that explicit as well. Otherwise we will still get
bug reports because noone will know what this error means.

Thanks,
David