List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8062536: [TESTBUG] Conflicting GC combinations in jdk tests
From:       Kim Barrett <kim.barrett () oracle ! com>
Date:       2014-11-08 0:03:07

On Nov 7, 2014, at 6:41 PM, Mandy Chung <mandy.chung@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 11/7/14 3:34 AM, Evgeniya Stepanova wrote:
> >
> > http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~eistepan/8062536/webrev.02/
>
> What are the valid values of vm.gc?  It's a bit awk for null as a valid value and I \
> would imagine "*" wildcard may be a better value?
> Since you are touching test/java/lang/management/** tests, we can remove these \
> shell tests and add multiple @run in the java test instead.  It'd be great if you \
> can take this opportunity to remove these shell tests as they are not really \
> necessary.

Note that @requires can’t cope with multiple @run lines with differing requirements.  \
I just ran into this with a test that needs to be run against either G1 or CMS.  \
Rather than one test with multiple @run lines, I needed to use multiple tests, each \
with a single @run line and corresponding @requires constraint.  See \
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/CODETOOLS-7901090.