List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8039995: Test serviceability/sa/jmap-hashcode/Test8028623.java
From:       Kevin Walls <kevin.walls () oracle ! com>
Date:       2014-05-24 18:25:42

Thanks Peter, and thanks Dmitry -

So another thread on this has started about why such a test runs in an
environment that can't expected to attach to its own processes anyway:
seems that some test systems permit that, and some run as a user that
can't necessarily expect to have that ability.

(Dmitry I'm not sure about exiting with that error value?  If that's
something people are meant to know about I have missed it. But the test
would fail if jmap didn't create the heap dump file, i.e. if it fails
but doesn't exit with the right code.)

For the moment I'll wait on that other information for whether this
needs to be fixed in the test...

Thanks!
Kevin