List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8038963 com/sun/jdi tests fail because cygwin's ps sometimes misses processes
From:       "Daniel D. Daugherty" <daniel.daugherty () oracle ! com>
Date:       2014-04-11 16:28:57

 > webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sla/8038963/webrev.00/

test/com/sun/jdi/ShellScaffold.sh
    No comments other than thinking about those Win98 fixes
    brought back painful memories...

Thumbs up!

Dan

On 4/2/14 5:26 AM, Staffan Larsen wrote:
> We have had many intermittent failures in the com/sun/jdi tests recentl=
y. After much debugging it turns out that the cygwin version of ps someti=
mes misses some processes. Since the output of ps is used to determine if=
 the tests should exit, this causes some problems=85 I suspect a recent u=
pdate to cygwin, but haven=92t been able to confirm that.