List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR(S): 8038233 : Fix unsafe strcpy in Java_sun_tools_attach_{Aix, Bsd, Linux}VirtualMachine_con
From:       Volker Simonis <volker.simonis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-28 15:41:27

Hi Dimitry,

sorry, but I already pushed the change.

However I don't think this is a big problem because:
- if the file does not exist, connect will fail with "No such file or directory"
- if the file exists by chance (but is not a socket) connect will fail
with "Connection refused"
- if the file exists and is a socket but from another user or with
wrong permissions, connect will fail with "Connection refused"

The only problematic case would be if the file is a listening socket
of another process with appropriate permissions which should be
extremely unlikely.

But in theory you're right - we may want to fix that as well.

Regards,
Volker