List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: 8007142: Add utility classes for writing better multiprocess tests in jtreg
From:       Weijun Wang <weijun.wang () oracle ! com>
Date:       2013-01-31 0:54:37

Just take a brief look at the codes. It seems the library can launch a
Java process, wait for it to finish, and collect all the output (stdout
and stderr). Is that all?

I would be glad if it supports manipulating the stdin, i.e. simulating
input to a process. For example, I sometimes need to start two
processes, one is a client, and one is a server, and they need to talk
to each other. I could create sockets inside but it will be much simpler
(and more stable) if they can just communicate through stdin/stdout.

This also means you cannot drain the stdout in a single method, but read
it after each input, you might need to prepare for blocking.

Also, It will be nice if there is an example on how to use it.

In fact, I'm working on something similar right now:

    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/9999999/webrev.13/

Thanks
Max