List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Fix for bug 7142035: assert in j.l.instrument agents during shutdown when daemon thread is running
From:       openjdk () sunnychan ! hk (Sunny Chan)
Date:       2012-07-31 15:31:25

Hi all,

While I am developing a custom j.l.instrument agent I have found that
occasionally it would print an assert message (see bug report). After
looking at the source code, a previous fix enabled j.l.instrument to work
without assertion during shutdown phase (bug 6572160) - however it looks
like the function confirmingTLSSet in Reentrancy.c passed the
JVMTI_ERROR_WRONG_PHASE error code back to the releaseReentrancyToken
method which tripped the assert there.

I propose to fix this by adding a check_phase_ret() call to the end of the
releaseReentrancyToken() - would this be the correct thing to do?

Thanks

--
Sunny Chan
*Email*: me at sunnychan.hk *Mobile*: +852 6386 1835 *Web site*: