List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    6941923: RFE: Handling large log files produced by long running Java Applications
From:       Dmitry.Samersoff () oracle ! com (Dmitry Samersoff)
Date:       2011-09-22 11:20:12

Yasumasa,

On 2011-09-22 04:47, Yasumasa Suenaga wrote:
> If we can think Java on Linux and Solaris only, syslog is best solution.
> However, Windows usually doesn't have syslog.
>
> So, I think that gclog is needed for logging GC stats with platform
> independent in realtime.

Windows has it's own logging API as reach as syslog is or ever better
as well as numerous syslog implementations.

   Native windows logging API was completely redesigned for Windows 2008
server and now it allows for developers to send a structured events from
theirs application.

-Dmitry

--
Dmitry Samersoff