List:       openjdk-security-dev
Subject:    [security-dev 00027]: Re: DTLS implementation
From:       briefkasten () uebber ! de (Christian Uebber)
Date:       2007-12-04 21:21:17

Hello Andreas,

I appreciate your offers, thank you. Meanwhile I have got this project
accepted as my thesis by the Chair for Computer Networks and Internet
at the University of Tuebingen. My academic advisor is Mr. Ali Fessi.

On the weekend I went through the javax.net.ssl and sun.security.ssl
classes and was pleasantly surprised to find such an exceptional
quality. Spread out over numerous classes I've found excellent
separation of concerns and extensive documentation. It's going to be
fun to work with and I'll work hard to hold up this standard.

There probably won't be many questions about the JSSE part from my
side. For any deeper architectural and 'political' issues regarding
the JDK I'll not hesitate to ask you first. Comments on my code are
also always welcome.

Give me 2-3 weeks for the first exemplary pieces of code. I don't want
to waste your time with half-cooked stuff.

Christian