List:       openjdk-sctp-dev
Subject:    [sctp-dev] Strange closing of SCTP channel
From:       chris.hegarty () oracle ! com (Chris Hegarty)
Date:       2011-11-18 14:50:31

On 11/15/11 09:54 AM, Jens Carlberg wrote:
> Chris,
>
> We have managed to narrow down the problem to the fact that the INIT message \
> contains 2 IP addresses for the client. When shutting down the extra interface, the \
> problem went away. This, of course, triggers new questions... :-)

Hmm... interesting.

> * How can we control what IP addresses the SCTP will send in the INIT message? For \
> our current testing we can shutdown the interface, but it is not a solution in the \
> long run.

You can use SctpChannel.bind/bindAddress/unbindAddress

> * The two machines have the same IP address on an interface; will this trigger the \
>                 behaviour we have seen?
> * We see the COMM_LOST after between 2 and 5 seconds. How come we see such \
> different times?

I'm afraid I can't answer these questions. The Java SCTP implementation
is a wrapper on top of the Linux Kernel SCTP implementation. These
issues sound more likely to be kernel issues rather that anything in Java.

Have you tried with lksctp-developers at lists.sourceforge.net?? These guys
are responsible for the lksctp stack in the Linux kernel and are really
helpful.

-Chris.