List:       openjdk-ppc-aix-port-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR - 8142872: Remove support for sun.nio.ch.PollSelectorProvider from 9
From:       Volker Simonis <volker.simonis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-11-30 15:35:09

Hi Rob,

Your change looks good. I think on AIX we still use the
PollSelectorProvider but your change doesn't change that. I've did a quick
build and ran the corresponding JTreg test on AIX without a problem.

We may tough consider a better implementation on AIX by using the pollset
API [1,2] which is similar to Linux epoll. I therefore also forward this
message to the ppc-aix-port-dev mailing list in the hope that some IBM
colleagues may volunteer :)

Regards,
Volker

[1]