List:       openjdk-ppc-aix-port-dev
Subject:    First steps
From:       spoole () linux ! vnet ! ibm ! com (Steve Poole)
Date:       2012-06-15 14:16:31

Hi all,  To get us going I'm planning to first get basic build and test
infrastructure working off the new ppc-aix repos,

I'm going to publish the basic build reports and , eventually, test case
results off my cr.openjdk.java.net account.

I've put together a starting page  here
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~spoole/ppc-aix

I've started building the ppc-aix repo on Linux ia64 as a sanity check
process which is why the build log page for Linux ia64 has data  (just a
example from a build today)  and the others don't.

I also want to document our build environment so that its clear to
everyone what are the machine configs  that we use.

If anyone wants to make a start on listing expectations on  compiler
levels, os levels etc that would be great!

Cheers

Steve