List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Proposed schedule for JavaFX 22
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2023-12-18 17:24:12

As a reminder, Rampdown Phase 1 (RDP1) for JavaFX 22 starts on Thursday,
January 11, 2024 at 16:00 UTC (08:00 US/Pacific time). Given the
upcoming holidays, that's a little over 2 working weeks from now.

During rampdown of JavaFX 22, the "master" branch of the jfx repo will
be open for JavaFX 23 fixes.

Please allow sufficient time for any feature that needs a CSR. New
features should be far enough along in the review process that you can
finalize the CSR no later than Thursday, January 4, or it is likely to
miss the window for this release, in which case it can be targeted for
JavaFX 23.

We will follow the same process as in previous releases for getting
fixes into JavaFX 22 during rampdown. I'll send a message with detailed
information when we fork, but candidates for fixing during RDP1 are
P1-P3 bugs (as long as they are not risky) and test or doc bugs of any
priority. Some small enhancements might be considered during RDP1, but
they require explicit approval; the bar will be high for such requests.

-- Kevin