List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8319079: Missing range checks in decora [v2]
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kcr () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2023-10-31 14:59:55

On Tue, 31 Oct 2023 05:55:56 GMT, Jayathirth D V <jdv@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > In SW pipeline path of Box/Gaussian Blur/Shadow effects we are not checking for \
> > range when we read data from the source/destination buffers in native code.
> > We need to add appropriate range checks in native JNI code also apart from range \
> > checks in Java side to make sure that wherever these JNI methods are used we are \
> > not performing out of bounds access.
>
> Jayathirth D V has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional \
> commit since the last revision:
> Add common util function

Looks good. I left one suggestion and will reapprove if you make the change.

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/native-decora/SSEUtils.cc line 187:

> 185: }
> 186:
> 187: bool checkRange(JNIEnv *env,

It would be helpful to add a comment indicating that this will return true if the \
range check fails and false if it is OK.

Marked as reviewed by kcr (Lead).

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1272#pullrequestreview-1706523913
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1272#discussion_r1377722157