List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: JDK-8317308 JavaFX Developer build broken on Windows - NativeLibrary file contains invalid
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kcr () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2023-09-29 17:48:00

On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:14:50 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <kcr@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > The format of the timestamp has changed to ISO 8601. This contains the ":" \
> > Character. A copy of the dll is saved at <home>/.openjfx/cache/" + jfxVersion + \
> > "/" + arch . On Windows, the character ‘:' is invalid in files, causing \
> > internal errors.
> > This only happens on developer/non-hudson builds, because on hudson-builds, the \
> > timestamp is omitted.
> > I just replaced the disallowed character when creating the native library.
>
> In particular:
>
> > The code shouldn't be writing one java.runtime.version to the properties file \
> > while using a different string at runtime.
>
> Yes, this sort of inconsistency is just asking for trouble.

> @kevinrushforth May I also suggest having a minimum of 24 hours between the time a \
> bug report is filed and its fix is integrated? This all happened while I was \
> asleep. 😄

You may indeed! We generally do, and this underscores why it is a good idea except in \
the most urgent cases or the most trivial of fixes.

In fact I have been talking with @johanvos about reminding reviewers and committers \
of this, among other things related to reviews. I'll start by reminding myself.