List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Fix Scene colors for the colorblind
From:       Nir Lisker <nlisker () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-09-28 15:48:46

I usually just add color customization options in the settings/options menu
of the application. It's very easy to just bind the color of your
text/icons/background to the chosen color of a selection control. This way
I don't need to mess with the many types of color blindnesses out there. I
can't tell you that I have a lot of experience in this field, but it seems
simple enough to let the user choose the colors comfortable for them one
time for the rest of the application's life on their device.

Otherwise, the operating system usually has a global color palette choice
for various visual impairments.

- Nir