List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    jfx-tests repo: JemmyFX test suite
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2023-08-31 11:33:35

As part of an effort to increase test coverage of JavaFX, particularity
in the graphics area, we are reviving the JemmyFX test suite that was
hosted in the Mercurial jfx-dev/tests repo [1]. To that end, we have
converted the tests repo to git (using the Skara tooling), and made it
available on GitHub [2].

A PR will be raised soon to integrate JDK-8315409 [3] to get it running
again, although it's not yet ready for general use, since there is still
a fair bit of work to do.

Our primary motivation for spending time on this now is to help us test
the Metal graphics pipeline that is currently being developed in the
metal branch of jfx-sandbox [4], but it might also be able to provide an
additional level of testing in general for scenegraph, graphics
(including some limited 3D), and controls.

-- Kevin

[1] https://hg.openjdk.org/openjfx/jfx-dev/tests
[2] https://github.com/openjdk/jfx-tests
[3] https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8315409