List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8231864: JavaFX Labels in Tab's VBox is not displayed until it is clicked
From:       Ambarish Rapte <arapte () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2022-12-21 13:41:54

On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 15:50:19 GMT, Lukasz Kostyra <lkostyra@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Creating a not-displayed node and then modifying its contents caused JFX to not \
> consume its old dirty region and thus not update it. When such node was displayed, \
> its old dirty region was used for drawing, which in some cases (ex. new content \
> taking more space - a Label having more text as in bug request) caused it to clip.
> Resolved by always unionizing dirty regions with new bounds when calculating Node's \
> transformed bounds.
> Change was tested on macOS and Windows 10 and does not affect any tests.

The change looks good.
Verified the computed `dirtyBounds` with and without the change. They look as \
expected. I shall test more with some apps(Ensemble).
Providing one minor suggestion.

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/com/sun/javafx/sg/prism/NGNode.java line 335:

> 333:         } else {
> 334:             // TODO I think this is vestigial from Scenario and will never
> 335:             // actually occur in real life... (RT-23956)

The comments should be removed and updated to explain the scenario when flow enters \
the else block and I think RT-23956 can be closed with this fix.

Changes requested by arapte (Reviewer).

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/978