List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    SceneBuilder OS/X DMG's
From:       Michael Hall <mik3hall () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-10-29 2:57:00

Probably off-topic to this list but maybe someone else is somewhat curious about this \
as well.

I noticed a slight error in jpackage dmg builds. The Applications folder icon shows \
as a path - /Applications - instead of just the file name - Applications. I also \
noticed that the SceneBuilder dmg's show this. I had looked at something similar \
sometime ago. Thought it was a bug, turned out to be my error if I remember right \
(something other than the /Applications). Looking again at what I have from then one \
thing that occurred to me was that it would fairly simple to customize the dmg \
background image as in… http://mikehall.pairserver.com/SceneBuilder-1.0.dmg \
<http://mikehall.pairserver.com/SceneBuilder-1.0.dmg> Doing it for SceneBuilder \
seemed like it could be interesting. It might make a jpackage enhancement request to \
allow this, but you might not want to overload the CLI command with too much platform \
specific.

What I use to create the dmg is based on what jpackage appears to do, or at least did \
back then… http://mikehall.pairserver.com/dmgsetup.dmg \
<http://mikehall.pairserver.com/dmgsetup.dmg>

From a directory containing the files you would do
./dmgsetup.sh

The current version has AppleScript that I think is supposed to actually give the \
localized version of the Applications file name. For me it simply, correctly, shows \
as Applications. I would be curious to know if anyone who has a localized version of \
this file name tries it that it correctly shows the file name for them. I'm not sure \
if anyone ever does this or would want to. But possibly even jpackage does, I don't \
know.

To undo this you would need to change in DMGSetup.scpt…

set DEPLOY_APPLICATION_NAME to displayed name of (path to applications folder) -- \
i18n name  make new alias file at POSIX file DEPLOY_VOLUME_URL to POSIX file \
DEPLOY_INSTALL_LOCATION with properties {name:DEPLOY_APPLICATION_NAME}

To simply
make new alias file at POSIX file DEPLOY_VOLUME_URL to POSIX file \
DEPLOY_INSTALL_LOCATION with properties {name:"Applications"}

For jpackage the upper case variables are programmatically substituted, I set them as \
AppleScript variables.

If you want to simply correct the /Applications but use the same jpackage background \
image I include that -  background_dmg.tiff

You would need to change
set DEPLOY_BG_FILE to cwd & "/background.png"
set DEPLOY_BG_FILE to cwd & "/background_dmg.tiff"

Script Editor in the Utilities folder would probably be best for script changes.