List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Looked-up color fails for -fx-background-color in JavaFX CSS file
From:       John Hendrikx <john.hendrikx () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-05-19 2:52:11

I've tried the attached code as well, and I've been unable to reproduce
it. I even modified the code a bit to clear and set the stylesheet every
frame, and it runs fine. Also used the debugger a bit to see what's
going on in CssStyleHelper#calculateValue but didn't see any obvious flaws.

If you want, you could put a breakpoint on line 1634 in that class (just
after #calculateValue's "catch(ClassCastException)") and see if you can
see something odd going on. The stack trace might be useful to have, and
perhaps why it occured if you could dig a bit deeper.

The only way I could get it to fail is to put an actual bad value in
"-theme-button". Are you doing anything else special while running the
code? Or do you have a different example case that shows the problem?

--John