List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8274771: Map, FlatMap and OrElse fluent bindings for ObservableValue [v14]
From:       John Hendrikx <jhendrikx () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2022-03-22 21:26:43

On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 17:06:12 GMT, yosbits <duke@openjdk.java.net> wrote:

> The reason I think the Null Safe explanation is incorrect is because In the \
> interest of fairness, I feel it would be better to have an example of using the \
> Optional API when comparing the existing way of writing to the new way of writing \
> PR.

No problem, I've added it -- I really wasn't attempting to make it look worse than it \
is, that's just how I would have written it I guess.  They're also not going to be \
part of the documentation, just something I wrote up to introduce the PR.  I \
sometimes do the trick with `Optional.ofNullable` as well.