List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    RFR: 8278938: [Win] Robot can target wrong key for punctuation and symbols
From:       Martin Fox <duke () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-12-23 20:57:35

When processing a `WM_CHAR` event on an OEM key (punctuation, symbol, dead key) the \
glass code will dynamically query the key's unshifted character to determine the Java \
code to assign to it. This is necessary since the relationship between OEM key codes \
and the characters they generate varies from layout to layout.

The Robot implementation was consulting a table which assumed a fixed relationship \
between Java codes and Windows key codes even for the OEM keys. The table was also \
missing entries for any Java code not on a US QWERTY layout, like PLUS.

In this PR if we don't find the Java code in the table or if it maps to an OEM key \
(which may be wrong) we sweep through all the OEM keys looking for the matching Java \
code.

Commit messages:
 - Robot now targets punctuation and symbol keys reliably

Changes: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jfx/pull/702/files
 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jfx&pr=702&range=00
  Patch: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jfx/pull/702.diff
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jfx pull/702/head:pull/702