List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8274967: KeyCharacterCombinations for punctuation and symbols fail on non-US keyboards
From:       Pankaj Bansal <pbansal () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-12-10 10:06:19

On Mon, 15 Nov 2021 20:13:11 GMT, Martin Fox <duke@openjdk.java.net> wrote:

> The code that maps from a Windows virtual key code to a Java key code in \
> `getKeyCodeForChar` did not match the similar code in \
> `ViewContainer::HandleViewKeyEvent`. The OEM keys are assigned to printable \
> punctuation and symbols in ways which vary across layouts and even keyboards. To \
> determine the correct Java key code you have to query the layout to determine the \
> character the key would generate without modifiers and map that character to the \
> key code. `ViewContainer::HandleViewKeyEvent` did this, `getKeyCodeForChar` did \
> not. This PR copies a few snippets of code from `ViewContainer::HandleViewKeyEvent` \
> to make the two algorithms match.

I tested the testcase attached in JBS and I see some issues with some of the keys \
with German Keyboard layout

* Failed: key code Dead Acute did not match  ´
* Failed: key code Dead Acute did not match  ´
* Failed: key code Dead Acute did not match Shift+`
* Failed: key code Dead Acute did not match Shift+`