List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Pull down menus don't work in XFCE
From:       Craig Raw <craigraw () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-11-25 9:36:25

Hi,

I have multiple users reporting that pull-down menus don't work correctly
on the XFCE window manager, amongst others. Menus close immediately after
being opened and appear in the wrong location.

This problem is discussed in
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8251240 and
https://github.com/sparrowwallet/sparrow/issues/170. However, the
workarounds noted there do not appear to solve the problem. JavaFX 16,
OpenJDK 16.

Given the popularity of this window manager I'd appreciate any other
workarounds.

Thanks,
Craig