List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8090547: Allow for transparent backgrounds in WebView [v5]
From:       Michel Jung <github.com+1864183+micheljung () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-08-29 6:41:43

On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:41:59 GMT, Jose Pereda <jpereda@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Currently, `WebPage` has already a public `setBackgroundColor()` method, but the \
> > class is not public. Therefore, public API is needed in `WebView` to allow \
> > developers access to it.
> > In line with the `fontSmoothingType` property, this PR provides public support \
> > for setting the background color of a WebPage, by adding a `pageFill` property, \
> > and a CSR is required.
> > The color for the background, that can be opaque, transparent or with any level \
> > of opacity, can be set via code or via CSS using `-fx-page-fill`.
> > Unit tests and a system test are provided.
>
> Jose Pereda has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit \
> since the last revision:
> Color to int32 conversion and more changes based on feedback

modules/javafx.web/src/main/java/com/sun/webkit/WebPage.java line 629:

> 627:         try {
> 628:             log.fine("setBackgroundColor int32: " + backgroundColor +
> 629:                    " for all frames");

I don't know JavaFX's PlatformLogger but this should probably be:

Suggestion:

            log.fine("setBackgroundColor int32: {} for all frames", backgroundColor);

or:

Suggestion:

            if(log.isTraceEnabled()) {
                log.fine("setBackgroundColor int32: {} for all frames", \
backgroundColor);  }

Even though this probably isn't something that's called very often :)