List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: E-mail addresses at openjdk.org
From:       John Neffenger <john () status6 ! com>
Date:       2021-03-30 18:49:18

On 3/25/21 4:12 AM, Kevin Rushforth wrote:
> Until then, adding the email address as an unverified additional email
> address in your GitHub profile is the way to go.

And the first GitHub user to claim the address wins!

There are a large number of unclaimed commits in our repository that are
up for grabs, as far as GitHub is concerned.  Worse yet, the GitHub
website masks the real name and e-mail address in the commit with the
name of the GitHub user who claimed it. It's not a security issue for
the project or any of its contributors, but I suppose it could be used
as a form of identify theft.

It takes just a few seconds to add your openjdk.org address, if you have
one, to your GitHub profile.

John