List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8261840: Submenus close to screen borders are no longer repositioned
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kcr () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-02-23 16:16:44

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 15:32:17 GMT, Robert Lichtenberger <rlichten@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Reverting to the old way of showing the context menu but with application
> of CSS prior to calling prefHeight(-1) / prefWidth(-1) to ensure correct
> size measurement of the menu.

modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/ContextMenu.java line 250:

> 248:         getScene().setNodeOrientation(anchor.getEffectiveNodeOrientation());
> 249:         if (getScene().getStylesheets().isEmpty()) {
> 250:             getScene().getStylesheets().setAll(anchor.getScene().getStylesheets());

I need to verify this, but I presume that the `Scene` of the `ContextMenu` is \
something that is created by JavaFX (as opposed to something that can be set by the \
application)? If so, then this might be an OK fix, but we will need to ensure that \
there are no side effects of doing this.