List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8252935: Add treeShowing listener only when needed [v3]
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kcr () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-01-28 13:40:47

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 15:25:06 GMT, John Hendrikx <jhendrikx@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > This is a PoC for performance testing.
> >
> > It contains commented out code in PopupWindow and ProgressIndicatorSkin and two \
> > tests are failing because of that.
> > This code avoids registering two listeners (on Scene and on Window) for each and \
> > every Node to support the aforementioned classes.  The complete change should \
> > update these two classes to add their own listeners instead.
>
> John Hendrikx has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional \
> commits since the last revision:
> - Add performance test
> - Use registerChangeListener in ProgressIndicatorSkin

The updated fix using `registerChangeListener` and the test look good. I left a few \
mostly-minor comments.

tests/system/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/NodeTreeShowingTest.java line 2:

> 1: /*
> 2:  * Copyright (c) 2019, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

2021

tests/system/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/NodeTreeShowingTest.java line 125:

> 123:         });
> 124:
> 125:         for(int j = 0; j < 5; j++) {

MInor: add space after `for`

tests/system/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/NodeTreeShowingTest.java line 49:

> 47: /**
> 48:  * TODO fix
> 49:  * This test is based on the test case reported in JDK-8209830

Comment block needs to be updated to describe this bug.

modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/com/sun/javafx/scene/TreeShowingExpression.java \
line 2:

> 1: /*
> 2:  * Copyright (c) 2013, 2020, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

change 2020 to 2021