List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8209788: Left/Right/Ctrl+A keys not working in editor of ComboBox if popup showing [v3]
From:       Ambarish Rapte <arapte () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2020-07-30 7:01:22

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 17:57:34 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <kcr@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Ambarish Rapte has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional \
> > commits since the last revision:
> > - revert unintended line deletion
> > - changes to address to review
>
> Once the merge conflicts and review comments are addressed, I'll put this back on \
> my review queue.

Please review the updated change:

1. Changed the approach to add a property named `removeKeyMappingsForComboBoxEditor` \
to ListView when creating it from ComboBox. Please do suggest if this name sounds Ok. \
2. When this property is present some KeyMappings that are needed for ComboBox Editor \
get removed from `ListViewBehavior`. 3. I have considered to remove some more \
KeyMappings which seem like they should be passed on to ComboBox's Editor.(method \
`removeKeyMappingsForComboBoxEditor()`) 4. There is an existing issue with \
`BehaviorBase`: [JDK-8250807](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8250807). Due \
to this issue, KeyMappings from child `InputMap` do not get removed. So the keys \
CTRL+SHIFT+HOME and CTRL+SHIFT+END will still not work with ComboBox editor. 5. \
Updated ComboBoxTest for additional keys. 6. Keeping the tests added for ListView, as \
they seem reasonable and not present already.

Change is very specific to ComboBox editor, so it should not affect any other tests.