List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8201568: zForce touchscreen input device fails when closed and immediately reopened
From:       Tor (torbuntu) <github.com+17347324+Torbuntu () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2020-07-27 16:55:59

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 16:05:02 GMT, John Neffenger \
<github.com+1413266+jgneff@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > > By the way, do you know whether I would be able to use a PinePhone
> >
> > I have been trying to run JavaFX on the PinePhone ever since I got it. The OS I'm \
> > using is Fedora and it is aarch64, which means I had to add that arch to \
> > build.gradle to compile it. As is the touchscreen doesn't respond correctly at \
> > all. Every touch reports as a mouse_entered, mouse_exited event.  Though this is \
> > due to using the Desktop JavaFX. Is there somewhere I can find an embedded \
> > aarch64 version? Since desktop javafx/OpenJFX only runs monocle in headless \
> > according to this: https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/Monocle
>
> > Is there somewhere I can find an embedded aarch64 version?
>
> If I had a PinePhone, I would try to get the 32-bit *armhf* build of JavaFX \
> working. That's the one you build with `gradle -PCOMPILE_TARGETS=armv6hf sdk jmod`. \
> You may need to switch operating systems. See the [Ask Ubuntu \
> question](https://askubuntu.com/q/1090351) "Can I run an ARM32 bit App on an \
> ARM64bit platform which is running Ubuntu 16.04?"

I do not know of a currently supported 32-bit armhf OS for the PinePhone.
This issue affects Desktop JavaFX linux touch as well, so I suppose I'll need to dig \
into adding that in, which was mentioned on this older issue: \
https://github.com/javafxports/openjdk-jfx/issues/329#issuecomment-459433106

Thanks for the quick reply!