List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Proposed schedule for JavaFX 15
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2020-06-18 16:38:01

As a reminder, RDP1 for JavaFX 15 starts on July 2, 2020 at 16:00 UTC
(09:00 Pacific time), which is two weeks from today.

Please allow sufficient time for any feature that needs a CSR. New
features should be far enough along in the review process that you can
finalize the CSR before Thursday, June 25, or it is likely to miss the
window for this release, in which case it can be targeted for JavaFX 16.

During rampdown of JavaFX 15, the "master" branch of the jfx repo will
be open for JavaFX 16 fixes.

We will follow the same process as previous releases for getting fixes
into JavaFX 15 during rampdown. I'll send a message with detailed
information later, but candidates for fixing during RDP1 are P1-P3 bugs
(as long as they are not risky) and test or doc bugs of any priority.
Some small enhancements might be considered during RDP1, but they
require explicit approval; the bar will be high for such requests.

-- Kevin