List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8242861: Update ImagePattern to apply SVG pattern transforms
From:       Arun Joseph <ajoseph () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2020-04-29 7:43:11

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 06:45:04 GMT, Arun Joseph <ajoseph@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Since this is in a common method used by all shapes, and not just WebView, we \
> > will need to ensure no regressions.
>
> All ImagePattern objects, other than the one from WebView, uses the second \
> constructor which assigns an identity transform as the pattern transform. So, \
> existing calls to PaintHelper concatenates the shader transform with an identity \
> matrix and thus, shouldn't cause any regressions. Only calls from WebView's \
> drawPattern() method in WCGraphicsPrismContext uses the patternTransform attribute.

The changes in drawPattern() forces the function to handle the operations for \
drawPattern (for images) and fillPattern (for shapes) together. If required, a new \
opcode SET_FILL_PATTERN can be introduced for handling patterns in shapes and part of \
the implementation can be seen from my previous commits to this PR.