List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: [Rev 01] RFR: 8235627: Blank stages when running JavaFX app in a macOS virtual machine
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kcr () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2019-12-20 16:58:16

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 10:05:48 GMT, Ambarish Rapte <arapte@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > As mentioned in the description of \
> > [JDK-8235627](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8235627), following error \
> > is printed  CGLChoosePixelFormat error: 10002
> >
> > According to the documentation at [CGL Error \
> > Codes](http://mirror.informatimago.com/next/developer.apple.com/documentation/Grap \
> > hicsImaging/Conceptual/OpenGL/chap5/chapter_5_section_41.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP30000136/BDJHHIDE)
> >
> > 10002 is kCGLBadPixelFormat, which means Invalid pixel format object.
> > This does not seem to be an error code that should be returned by \
> > `CGLChoosePixelFormat`. However the doc is very old, last updated on 2002-08-01.
> >
> > Irrelevant to this doc the idea of this fix looks good.
>
> Hi fthevenet,
> The basic idea of fix looks good to me. You have reported this bug with a very good \
> detailed description. Can you please update the PR description also with same or \
> sufficient information.

This looks good now. One last request: please update the last-modified year in the \
copyright header to 2019 as follows:

 * Copyright (c) 2011, 2019, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

I've already submitted a PR with the last changes for the year, so this will save me \
the trouble of a follow-on fix after the new year.