List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    OpenJFX 13, AdoptOpenJDK 12, NetBeans 11 not working
From:       "Duquette, Will (US 393E)" <william.h.duquette () jpl ! nasa ! gov>
Date:       2019-09-16 17:40:14

Howdy.  I'm new to this list; I'm a longtime JavaFX 8/NetBeans 8 user.  I'm=
 trying to come to grips with OpenJFX.

I've installed AdoptOpenJDK 12 and OpenJFX 13, and installed NetBeans 11.1.=
  I've created the JavaFX13 library in NetBeans as described in the OpenJFX=
 getting started guide, and created a simple non-FXML hello world program. =
 It compiles.

On the project properties "Run" tab, I've updated the VM options as describ=
ed in the Getting Started Guide:

--module-path /Users/MyUserName/javafx-sdk-13/lib --add-modules javafx.cont=
rols

(I left the javafx.fxml module off, because I'm not using it.)

When I try to run the app, I still get the error

    Error occurred during initialization of boot layer

    java.lang.module.FindException: Module javafx.controls not found

I've checked and double-checked the module path and the module name.  The g=
iven lib/ folder contains javafx.controls.jar, along with everything else. =
 But somehow, NetBeans can't find it.

Anybody got any ideas?