List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Concatenating transforms to scale positions but not objects
From:       Mark Raynsford <org.openjdk () io7m ! com>
Date:       2019-08-12 13:29:27

On 2019-08-11T07:15:41 -0500
Eric Bresie <ebresie@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you focused on things from a pane/layout perspective here? Maybe some different layout might help.
>
> https://openjfx.io/javadoc/11/javafx.graphics/javafx/scene/layout/package-summary.html
>
> Or are you looking for some form of "chart" component to allow lines to be graphed?
>
> https://docs.oracle.com/javafx/2/charts/line-chart.htm

Unfortunately: Both :)

Thankfully, though, the two problems are solvable separately and I only
need to focus on the first problem (the pane/layout). I need to
position objects in a pane, but I do also need to draw a scrollable
grid inside that pane. The issue with using the Chart API to draw graph
lines is that I think it assumes that graph tick lines on both axes
will always have the same spacing. Unfortunately, given the nature of
music (with changing time signatures at different points within pieces
of music), the spacing between graph tick lines can change at different
points on the timeline. Thankfully, I've already written a custom
canvas-based component to deal with this.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com