List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    =?UTF-8?B?V2h5IGRvZXMgU2tpbiBoYXZlIGdldE5vZGUgbWV0aG9kIGluc3RlYWQgb2Yg?= =?UTF-8?B?Z2V0Q29udHJvbD8=?
From:       Alex Sviridov <ooo_saturn7 () mail ! ru>
Date:       2019-05-03 13:09:58

Hi all,

In my previous message I asked why GridPane, HBox, BorderPane, VBox, StackPane
don't have Skins. I was told that it is odd for them to have Skins ( Kevin Rushforth )
and only controls can have skins.

I pointed, that every Node can have a Skin, but got no answer.

Now I am reading Skin API and see there the following method:

Node     getNode()      Gets the Node which represents this Skin.

The Skinnable interface is implemented by the Control class, and therefore is implemented
by all Control implementations.

So, could anyone explain why in Skin we have `Node getNode()` but not `Control getControl()`.

--
Alex Sviridov