List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    HEADS-UP: FX 12-dev repo will fork from mainline on Friday, Jan 25
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2019-01-21 16:25:58

To: All OpenJFX Project Committers,

It's time to fork the openjfx/12-dev/rt stabilization repo from the
jfx-dev/rt mainline. As you may recall, we delayed it past RDP1 (which
would have matched what the JDK did), to make it a little easier for
developers, but at the cost of having no place for developers to put new
enhancements or less important bug fixes that we don't want or need in
openjfx12.

We plan to fork the repo this Friday, Jan 25. I will send out a
follow-up email once this is done. After the new 12-dev repo is open,
the following will be in effect:

* Changes for openjfx12 will be pushed to the HG openjfx/12-dev/rt repo
instead of openjfx/jfx-dev/rt

* openjfx/jfx-dev/rt will be open to accept enhancements or bug fixes
for openjfx13

* The develop branch of the GitHub sandbox will be available for changes
to either openjfx12 or openjfx13

* NOTE: I will periodically sync changes from 12-dev --> jfx-dev, so
changes should be pushed to either 12-dev/rt or jfx-dev/rt, not both

* NOTE: we are still in RDP1 [1] until Feb 4, 2019 [2], so this repo
fork does not in any way change the criteria for what can go into FX 12;
what does change is where you push changesets that are intended for FX 12

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks.

-- Kevin

[1]
https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2019-January/023043.html