List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    JavaFX 11 TextInputControl IM problem
From:       Yuichi Sakuraba <yuichi.sakuraba () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-01-21 9:28:55

Hi All,

I try to migrate from JavaFX 10 to JavaFX 11, but TextInputControl of
 JavaFX 11 doesn't deal with input method (Japanese) on Linux.

I use Ubuntu 18.04 and IBUS Mozc for input method.

I attached two images: one is case of JavaFX 10 and other is JavaFX 11.
JavaFX 10 controlled IM to change alphabet to Japanese character,
but JavaFX 11 didn't.

Here is test code:
---
public class IMTest extends Application {
    @Override
    public void start(Stage stage) throws Exception {
        TextField field = new TextField();
        Scene scene = new Scene(field, 300, 40);
        stage.setScene(scene);
stage.setTitle("Ver." + ManagementFactory.getRuntimeMXBean().getSpecVersion());
        stage.show();
    }
    public static void main(String... args) {
        launch(args);
    }
}
---

Are there any changes about IM in JavaFX 11?

Thanks,
Yuichi Sakuraba