List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: JPackage package types
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2018-12-14 18:47:02

No exploration of WebAssembly has been done. This would effectively be a
new platform for Java and JavaFX (i.e., it isn't just a matter of
bundling up a Linux app in a "WebAssembly" blob as an alternative to an
rpm). Getting an FX app (or any Java app with native code) running in
WebAssembly would need to be done first. While it might be an
interesting area for somebody to explore, there are doubtless many
challenges that would need to be overcome before worrying about how to
use jpackage to package it all up.

-- Kevin