List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Filling the Packager gap
From:       Sverre Moe <sverre.moe () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-12-14 15:31:04

Den fre. 14. des. 2018 kl. 13:47 skrev Johan Vos <johan.vos@gluonhq.com>:

> Hi Sverre,
>
> Scene Builder 11 is built using that backported packager, but not
> everything was working yet.
> It is not the intention to make a real product based on this backported
> code -- we just did it to fill the gap until the jpackage tool is available.
>
> My understanding is that once the jpackage tool is released, you should be
> able to use it to bundle Java(FX) 11 based apps.
>
> The first EA version of the jpackage tool is available now, so I think
> this is now the way forward: http://jdk.java.net/jpackage/
>
> - Johan

Thanks for the clarification. I have been looking through the source code
of your backported jpackager to gain some insight, and I should perhaps
instead be looking at the main source code for the jpackage.

I will start using this JDK12 build of jpackager and see if it has the same
issues regarding the bundle resources.
Perhaps also the core-libs-dev@openjdk.java.net is the better place to
discuss jpackage on forward. I reported some issues with jpackage some time
ago that has been added to its JDK bugs list.

/Sverre