List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    12-ea builds
From:       Johan Vos <johan.vos () gluonhq ! com>
Date:       2018-12-01 19:36:45

Hi,

We uploaded JavaFX 12-ea+3 yesterday at
https://gluonhq.com/products/javafx/#ea and the artifacts are in maven
central.
(see https://twitter.com/GluonHQ/status/1068456348097134592)

From now on, our intention is to tag the dev repository every thursday with
an incremental build number (12-ea+4 should be tagged Dec 6), and builds
will be available every Friday.

Especially with the fast release cadence, I think it is very important that
ea-builds are tested very well. Of course I do not recommend using an EA
release in production, but it should be easy to use it in development,
especially if you are using maven/gradle to build your apps (create a
version property in pom.xml or build.gradle, use that in the dependency
declaration, and simply update that version whenever a new ea is available)

Thanks,

- Johan