List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Bug: Not on FX application thread exception is inconsistent
From:       Tom Eugelink <tbee () tbee ! org>
Date:       2018-11-13 16:06:43

> This isn't me not doing my research, this is objectively JavaFX not providing the \
> functionality that is necessary to do something rather trivial: update an API \
> object and provide information from that API object right after it's updated to the \
> user(without ChangeListener).

You are not using the right tool for the job. Thread management is not the \
responsibility of the UI toolkit, all it does is require that you got your stuff in \
order and run its code on the appropriate thread. Platform.run and runAndWait are \
just entry points for doing that, not multithreading solutions. There are good \
libraries for asynchronous execution; just use CompletableFuture, RxJava or \
JDeffered. RxJava even has build in support for putting a task back onto the JavaFX \
UI thread: observeOn(JavaFxScheduler.platform()).