List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Using the jpackager
From:       Rachel Greenham <rachel () merus ! eu>
Date:       2018-11-09 23:59:27

None, that's just my own class task in buildSrc. It's a fairly trivial
wrapper around a ToolProvider invocation of jlink, so I didn't think it
was relevant enough to paste the source for that here too, when you
could also do it trivially with an Exec task similar to the jpackager
ones later in my first reply.

It's literally public class JLink extends DefaultTask with a bunch of
getters and setters for the options and a run method that turns them
into arguments and invokes via ToolProvider. The same task type is also
used elsewhere in the root project to build the server JRE for the
server component of this project, which was enough to make it worthwhile
writing the task. (I also wanted to learn how to write java gradle
tasks.) The point of the example I did paste was just about showing what
options to set to jlink. jlink in any detail is offtopic here, this bit
was just an illustration of using that to build the JRE first with the
required modules, then use the result in jpackager to build a
non-modular app.

I would expect to write a similar simple task for jpackager too at some
point, I just haven't yet. They may be the basis of a useful packager
plugin, but probably not before jpackager itself is more mature.

--
Rachel