List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: JDK-8090930: Add Support for Extended Mouse Buttons
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2018-10-30 22:17:13

I don't have a strong opinion. On the one hand, the platform libraries
(at least Mac and Windows) use some variation of BUTTON4 and BUTTON5
rather than a name. On the other hand, we already use symbolic names for
the PRIMARY, SECONDARY, and MIDDLE buttons, rather than using 1, 2, 3.
I'm OK with the symbolic names FORWARD and BACK, but I also see Johan's
point.

-- Kevin