List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Filling the Packager gap
From:       Dean Wookey <wookey.dean () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-10-24 10:12:22

Hi,

I got jpackager working with OpenJDK11.0.1 after a bit of trial and error.
I'm now able to create a windows image like I had before with javapackager.
I thought I'd share some of the issues I've had in case it helps anyone out.

The first one was that you need to copy jdk.packager.jar not only into the
bin directory, but also into the jmods directory. If you don't, you get a
cryptic nullpointer exception from the jpackager in verbose mode. I'm sure
it's expecting a jdk.packager.jmod there that contains the list of files
it's looking for.

The second is that --jvm-args only seems to respect the first instance of
an argument. For example, you can have multiple--add-exports arguments. All
of them will get stored in the cfg file in the image's app directory, but
only the first instance will get passed to the jvm by the native executable.

Otherwise, works well, at least for our needs. Thank you.

Dean