List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    "Toolkit already initialized" error with OpenJDK 11
From:       "marcel Austenfeld" <marcel.au () web ! de>
Date:       2018-09-26 13:31:10

Hello Kevin,

I already use Platform.setImplicitExit(false) at startup so this can't be the \
problem. All SWT FXCanvas  are not closed (at least at startup).

Could it be that the initialisation of the SWT FXCanvas is different and could cause \
the problem.

At the moment I use as java arguments:

--module-path C:\javafx-sdk-11\lib --add-modules \
javafx.controls,javafx.swing,javafx.swt

The javafx.swt module is accepted but I have to add the javafx-swt.jar to my \
classpath to get at least an embedded canvas working.

Without the *.jar it won't work at all.

Is there a better or recommended option to include the javafx-swt.jar classes at \
startup in the --add-modules option?

The --add-modules javafx.swt doesn't seem to work.