List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: JDK-8210361: Add images to docs for public API classes of controls
From:       Nir Lisker <nlisker () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-09-12 20:23:58

Hi Anirvan,

A gallery will fit best in the tutorials. The page for UI controls [1] will
be ideal in my opinion (put the gallery as the first link).

About the screenshots: that page contains much more suitable screenshots in
each control's page when it comes to a gallery. They are stylistic,
show-off-ish, and present a wider range of possibilities and states for
each control. The examples in the JavaDocs are minimalistic, with the point
of showing how easy it is to create the control. They don't make for much
of a gallery, but they do show the developer very quickly what that control
they are looking at is for a WYSIWYG code example.

I suggest you submit an RFE which relates to the general "update the
tutorials" issue [2] (instead of the one I'm working on) and take the
screenshots from those pages.

[1]
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/javafx/user-interface-tutorial/ui_controls.htm#JFXUI336

- Nir