List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: NativeLibLoader - installLibraryFromResource - RuntimeImage
From:       Pedro Duque Vieira <pedro.duquevieira () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-07-28 12:55:02

Hi,

I agree with Scott Palmer.

I think this is a rather complex issue with no easy answer.

Right now, most people are still on java 8, if we follow the path of only
supporting the latest issues we might end up with a library that no one
uses, if no one uses than also less people will contribute with PRs, less
third party libraries will exist, less tooling support, and so on..
Or maybe, like Scott says things will clear up after java 11 and migrating
will become easier? And also more people will adopt the latest version?

Would be useful to know at any given time how much people are on each java
version so we could make this decision.
Maybe will be best to decide on a case by case situation, that is, on each
openjfx version depending on the rate of adoption of each java version?

--
Pedro Duque Vieira