List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    [openjfx11] Review request for 8204856: WebEngine document becomes null after PAGE_REPLACED event
From:       Arunprasad Rajkumar <arunprasad.rajkumar () oracle ! com>
Date:       2018-06-27 11:33:18

Hi,

Please review the following fix:

patch: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~arajkumar/8204856/webrev/ \
                <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~arajkumar/8204856/webrev/>
bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8204856 \
<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8204856>

Root cause:
When ever location changes due WebHistory API calls, we propagate it to WebEngine to \
update the `location` property. However the private method{WebEngine.updateLocation} \
which we used to update `location` also invalidates the `document` property of \
WebEngine, which is undesirable.

Solution:
Directly update the `location` property when WebEngine gets PAGE_REPLACED event. \
Don't use {WebEngine.updateLocation}.

Testing:
Unit tests are added to cover both history.pushState and history.replaceState., Use \
the following command to run the newly added unit test,

```
gradle :web:cleanTest :web:test --tests test.javafx.scene.web.HistoryStateTest
```

(Note: No _need_ to compile the web module in order to test this fix, all changes are \
done only in Java binding files)

Regards,
Arun=