List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Draft JEP for new Packaging Tool (replacement for javapackager)
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2018-05-31 20:56:53

The existing javapackager doesn't really know much about JavaFX as it
is, now that applet and Web Start are gone. I am not aware of anything
that would preclude packaging up a JavaFX application. We will certainly
test the ability to package up a JavaFX application.

As for the schedule, I agree it isn't ideal, but it's too late for JDK 11.

-- Kevin